A mobile app is primarily a tool to achieve a specific goal. Attracting an additional audience, increasing the loyalty of an existing one, creating a platform for selling additional services – there can be many kinds of tasks. But, first, it is important to understand whether a mobile application is the best way to achieve the goal.
Every entrepreneur is a specialist in his field and knows best how to create their own goods and services and sell them. We know the strengths and weaknesses of IT products. You know yours. To establish a dialogue during the initial stage for a comprehensive analysis of the proposed product is our joint task.
Do you need a mobile app?
Creating a mobile application is not an inexpensive and quick process. We analyzed this issue in detail in an article on the cost of development – as a rule, it costs anywhere from $10000 to $15000 and takes two to three months of hard-working time.
There are always several options for solving a problem, including alternatives to the mobile app. Therefore, you need to make sure that you choose the right means to achieve your goal. You can develop a mobile version of the site, you can make a chat bot, you can solve the problem through social networks or integrate a solution into existing products. It will be cheaper and faster, and the payback period, respectively, is significantly shorter.
So that we can offer different options and describe in detail their positive and negative sides, we need to understand the features of your business and the details of the hypothesis that led you to the idea for developing a mobile application. Most likely, we have already come across similar solutions or their individual elements, and our experience can help shorten the path.
How do we help to find the best solution
A typical collaboration sequence is as follows:
1. We become immersed in the specifics of your work and the task..
2. We analyze the market and offer several options for solving problems with different costs, and descriptions of their strengths and weaknesses.
3. Together we choose the optimal path, and we draw up a Terms of Reference
4. Together, we think over the design, test prototypes on groups of the target audience.
5. We develop a mobile application in short sprints – iterations that allow you to track the quality and speed of the stages.
6. We integrate the necessary tools into the product development: analytical and accounting systems, split testing services, quality control and customer support services. We have experience integrating with 1C, Bitrix, R-Keeper, Iiko, and various payment solutions and banks..
7. Together we launch the mobile app.
8. We regularly generate analytical reports on the current state of key product indicators.
If you already have a detailed TR (Terms of Reference) and a clear understanding of your strategy after conducting deliberate testing, we can move forward in the already developed direction.
Ongoing work and support
Each product we have developed is covered by a guarantee for operability: if an error suddenly occurs, the built-in monitoring systems will recognize it, and we will fix it in priority order. AppCraft helps products grow through warranty support.
In addition, we can conclude an SLA technical support agreement, within which we will assist in solving more complex product problems and provide technical support for the product. As examples, the load on a server may prove to be too large, needing to be expanded, or it may be necessary to replace certificates for the payment system, etc.
We can also periodically generate statistical reports based on the collected data from analytical systems and provide recommendations on further actions, if necessary.
Our task is the main task – to jointly create a workable and effective product that can achieve its particular goals. We discuss different forms of cooperation and support for each product – they always have their own specifics, but the task is always the same.